Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Always Check to see Whos Honking in Costa Rica

Always Check to see Whos Honking in Costa Rica


One of the perks to living in Costa Rica is the abundance in fresh fruits and vegetables. While we try to catch the local Feria every week to stock up on our veges, we do miss it sometimes due to appointments and/or deliveries scheduled from our Carne Rico Beef Jerky company. Since we moved here for a slower pace of life, we never try to work too hard, but we always know we can stop at one of the local fruit stands or, just listen out our windows. Every day or so, we hear a truck honking up and down our street in San Isidro de Grecia, Costa Rica. When I stepped outside to see what the ruckus was about, I was pleased to see a small, 1970s truck with a bed full of fresh fruits and veges, sometimes bread too. Since my hubby was off on a delivery, I scooped up some fresh lettuce, tomatoes, onions, celery, cucumbers and avocados; plus some apples, bananas, cantaloupe, watermelon, papaya and pineapple. Not only was the bounty a great price, all under 5 mil ($10 US) but it was delivered to my front door. I thought I was going to have to lug my infant and 2 year old on the bus to town to stock up this week, but the fruit truck guy saved the day! Now we can spend more time in the garden and kitchen and less time on the bus. 



visit link download